For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)
If you’re single and a Christian then here’s some things to keep in mind from God’s Word:
1) BEING SINGLE IS A GIFT FROM GOD - (Mat 19:10-11) His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry." 11 But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given . . .
2) KNOW THAT YOUR LIFE CAN BE COMPLETE AND FULFILLING IN CHRIST ALONE - (Col 2:10) and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
3) GOD WILL BRING YOUR MARRIAGE PARTNER TO YOU IN HIS TIME - (Gen 2:22) Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. (Eccl 3:11) He has made everything beautiful in its time . . . (Psa 27:14) Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
4) ONLY DATE A GROWING CHRISTIAN - (2 Cor 6:14) Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
5) KEEP YOURSELF PURE IN MIND AND BODY - (1 Cor 6:18-20) Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
6) USE THE TIME YOU HAVE TO SERVE THE LORD - (1 Cor 7:32) But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord; how he may please the Lord.
“Father, I pray for every single person reading this right now. I pray that their life will be fulfilled in an intimate and loving relationship with You. I pray for anyone who has felt lonely lately, that Your Spirit will envelope them and assure them of Your abiding presence. May they trust in You for the awesome future You have in store for them. Cause them to rest and wait on You. Fill their hearts with contentment and their time with joyful service for Christ. May they be a blessing to many by their dedication to the Lord and their service to the King of all kings and the lover of their souls. Grant these things, Father, in Jesus name . . . Amen!”