(1 Cor 6:11) And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Homosexuality is becoming more and more acceptable in our society. In fact, the stigma of being homosexual is quickly evaporating. We can thank the gay community who have worked hard and have won many battles to get their lifestyle into the mainstream of society. We can thank the Hollywood film industry and certain celebrities for coming out of the closet and a former president who had the rainbow colors projected onto the White House. We can thank liberal congress men and women who have voted pro-homosexual, some who are gay themselves. We are truly in the last days where it has been prophesied that there would be a great apostasy (falling away from the faith) in the end times (2 Tim 3:1-5). Society has changed but God's Word never changes. God's truths stand the test of time and culture and the Word of God has something to say about homosexuality:
- It is an abomination: 'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (Lev 18:22)
- It was punishable by death in the Old Testament: 'If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (Lev 20:13)
- It is perversion: And there were also perverted persons in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel. (1 Kings 14:24)
- It is unclean and dishonoring to your own body: Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, (Rom 1:24)
- It is a vile passion and unnatural: For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful . . . (Rom 1:26-27)
- It is shameful: (Rom 1:27) . . . men with men committing what is shameful . . .
- It is sinful: (Rom 1:27) . . . men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
- It is a sin judged by God: Then he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain; and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land which went up like the smoke of a furnace. (Gen 19:28)
- Homosexuality is a sinful lifestyle that will keep a person from heaven: Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor 6:9-10)
God created male and female (Gen 1:27-28) and brought them together in marriage to be one flesh (Gen 2:18-25). And nowhere in the Bible does it say homosexuality is genetic. It says it is a sin that you choose to do. But the good news is that Jesus can set a person free from this sinful lifestyle. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Cor 6:11) Hallelujah!
Some people say it is impossible to get out of the gay lifestyle but don't believe it. Jesus died to cancel sin and it's power. When a person accepts Jesus, his sins are washed away through the cleansing blood of the Lamb. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Cor 5:17) We've seen God pull people out of drugs and alcohol, and God can save from this lifestyle too! What great news this is. And one you can share with one caught up in this unhappy lifestyle. That's right. Gays are not gay (happy). You are only happy when your sins are forgiven (Psalm 32:1).
Let's love the sinner but hate the sin and seek to win the lost to Jesus. They are souls for whom Christ has died. He loves them!! Let's pray that many in these last days will turn to the truth and be set free. "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. (John 8:36)