MEN AND LUST
Brothers, let’s talk! We know so many men struggle in the flesh with lust. But the Bible is our guide so let’s jump in and get God’s perspective:
1) God created sex - (Gen 1:28) Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth . . .
2) Satan perverts everything that God created – (John 10:10) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…
3) God blesses sexual relations in the context of marriage - (Heb 13:4) Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
4) The Bible says we must exercise self-control - (1 Cor 9:27) But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
5) That control comes as we yield to the Holy Spirit in our life - (Gal 5:22-23) But the fruit of the Spirit is . . . self-control . . .
6) Guard your thought life - (2 Cor 10:5) . . . bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
7) Guide your eyes - (Job 31:1) "I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman?
8) Have a passion for purity - (Mat 5:8) Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
9) Don’t fight lust in your own power - (2 Chr 20:15) . . . the battle is not yours, but God's.
It’s not easy to be pure in these days. And the world is no help! But aren’t we thankful, brothers, that we can run to Jesus to find grace to help in time of need? (Heb. 4:16) Let’s be praying and encouraging each other in the Lord. And let me leave you with a wonderful promise you can claim at any time in your life:
(1 Cor 10:13) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.