GOD SPEAKS AT JC PENNEY
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. (1 John 5:12)
The other day at the mall the elevator appeared to be out of order. That’s too bad because my family and I needed to get upstairs to the second level. But Cheryl had reminded me that JC Penney had an escalator we could take. So off we went traipsing through the department store to the up escalator. And there we were, all four of us going up to where we needed to go. But then half way up the free ride I noticed the down escalator with people traveling to the lower level. My family and I were going up . . . and the other people were going down. Then it hit me: I’m on the upward path to heaven but there are so many on the downward journey to destruction!
Here’s some things I’ve been pondering from God’s Word since:
1) There are only two roads in life - (Mat 7:13) "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
2) One path leads to the Lord - (John 14:6) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
3) The other path leads to hell - (Rev 20:15) And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
4) Most of those going to hell probably don’t know it - (Pro 14:12) There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
5) But God allows U-Turns! - (Eze 18:32) "For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!"
6) God wants to use me to point the way to heaven - (John 1:41) He (Andrew) first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, "We have found the Messiah” . . .
If you’re lost . . . you can be found. If you’re found . . . then find somebody who is lost and tell them they can be found. You don’t have to go to JC Penney to get a revelation. It’s all in God’s Word . . . the wonderful road map to heaven!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)